Saturday, February 10, 2007

35 and still kickin'

This was the week of Dr.'s appointments! Tuesday I had an appointment with my family practice Dr. for some stomach problems I've been having. Turns out I have a hiatal hernia. It was most likely brought on by the fact that I had huge twins, 7 1/2 lbs each. It basically rearranged my inside and pushed and pulled them this way and that. In short, since they were born I have not felt "well". Lot's of heartburn, an irregular heartbeat, short of breath, lot's of coughing, just a feeling of "somethings not right".

So I got some pills which are supposed to keep your stomach acid in your stomach, and not refluxing back in your esophagus. If this works the hernia should be able to heal itself. When the acid is up there it gets worse and inflamed. If it does not work I will have to have a GI go send a scope down my throat to see what is going on. I HOPE THE MEDS WORK!!! So in 4-6 weeks if I'm still felling yucky I'm supposed to go back. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the good side I also went to the optometrist. It had been about 10 years since I had been, and I had been noticing that by the end of the day the clock is hard to read, words are blurry, etc.... Anyway, got my exam and I have perfect vision. And my "cornea's look perfect", wooohooo. In the eye department I rock! He gave me a very light prescription so I might go pick out some cute little glasses for the end of the day if I'm doing projects or driving. But he told me "you're not old yet!" That made me feel good!

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

ooh girl now you can have a tummy tuck....when they fix your hernia....lol...can you tell i am all about some plastic surgery....i can tell ya all about that...lmao...