Friday, December 28, 2007
I should have pre-ordering available for these kits no later than Sunday! Because I just got word that my BasicGrey 2 scoops order should be here early next week. These kits will be shipping out the week of the 7th!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
A big thank you to Greta and Elizabeth for the very thoughtful Christmas gifts! I got 2 adorable handmade cards. 2 Starbucks gift cards and 2 ornaments!! thanks guys...you're the best!
UPDATE---Jonnine (also from MS) sent me this adorable card also!! I just went through the rest of my mail this morning. HOW CUTE!!! Thanks Jonnine!!
And this also came to me from Kelly Jo!! I'm so lucky to have such great and thoughtful friends around the country!!
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Luke was really excited!
The show was good and very similar to last years as far as set design and costumes. The boys made it all the way through again with little complaining, although at one point I did have to whip out a package of m&m's for a bit of a distraction. Oh and at intermission Jacob said "when will this torture end"...but I think he liked it! LOL! but they followed the story line and asked questions, so it was fun
So if you are a fan of the $4 Starbucks latte like I am, I have a very quick and easy treat for you! Fill your morning coffee mug a little over 1/2 way full of eggnog (I suggest the light version). Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. It is important to heat the eggnog alone...I have tried to heat it all togehter and it's not that good. After the eggnog is heated then stir in your usual favorite brew and voila....homemade eggnog latte!!
Oh and for my own selfish reason I need to jot down a few cute things the boys are still saying. Luke is "king of besserts" and likes them "gimantic"! ...translation: he is the king of desserts and like them big. Take a look at his photo above and you can guess how much enthusiasm he has when he says this too! Nick still calls his little finger his "finky"...which I love!
Friday, December 14, 2007
So I love to make chocolate covered graham crackers, oreos and pretzels. And my husband loves peanut butter balls (think homemade recess peanut butter cups) or as my kids call them "chocolate rocks".
First step for the crackers and oreos is to dust them off of any crumbs so you don't dirty up the chocolate.
If you want to decorate the tops with colored chocolates get a couple squeeze bottles and slowly melt them in the microwave in 15 second intervals with the tops off. Fill them...heat them...squeeze them up...repeat, until it's all melted and smooth. Put your waffle iron on low and lay several thick dishtowels on the top to keep the bottles warm and the chocolate workable. **NOTE** check your squeezbottles periodically to make sure the bottoms are not getting to hot. Last year I left one on to long and went to use it and the whole bottom squeezed out.
I forgot to take a photo of my chocolate pot...but here is the Michales version, which is where I bought it. $15 with a coupon. And sooooo well worth it! Just buy a bunch of the Wilton's chocolates, throw them in, melt them and then dip. I use a fork. You want to get your item covered completely and then tap it so the excess chocolate and any air bubbles with come off. Air bubbles are not really a big deal....they just kind of look "not perfect"....Martha S. would not find them acceptable...lol!
You do need to work kind of quickly. Make sure you line your cookie sheets with waxed paper. Get your cookies, etc...in the chocolate and then drizzle or sprinkle as you like. Then off to the fridge to set them up. If you take too long the chocolate will start to turn white, so the sooner you can get it to the fridge the better! Leave them in there about 20-30 minutes.
When drizzling the colored chocolate don't worry about going off your cookies, when they harden you can just snap the excess off to even them out and make them look perfect!
So here are all my finished goodies! I made enough to pass around to the neighbors too! Next week I'm hoping to have time to work on the pretzels. I love to do those in white chocolate with white sprinkles!
You can store all of these items in Ziplocs for weeks! the chocolate is fine at room temp, so just put them in a dark room or closet out of the sun if you want to store them for awhile! If you have any questions just email me!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
We started the day by letting the boys decorate some sugar cookies I made the night before. They loved it!
Meanwhile the turkey was cooking....yum!
My mom and grandparents came over which was really nice. I think Jason may have surprised my grandmother a bit with this photo...LOL!
And even though it seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday....we are on to bigger and better things. Oh yes! The boys are ready for the mother of all Holidays to be here....so they are decorating the tree as I type! And just to ensure a peaceful home until the big day I have informed them all that Santa called last week to check in and that he gave me his home phone number if I needed to get in touch before Christmas. Evil mom alert!
Oh...and yes, apparently we do everything in our pajamas at our house...LOL!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
In their turkey hats!
Here's Jacob from his Kindergarten show. I have video of this I will need to find too. First graders don't do a show so I'm pulling last years pic!
This was also from last year...the twins doing their "Gobble Gobble" song. They did it again this year but I don't know how to pull the video from the regular video camera, so you will have to enjoy the vocal stylings of the 3 year old preschool class. I also love how Nick (barely out of diapers) tells it straight to the girl who tried to mess with his gear...LOL! They are in the right hand side in blue shirts
Friday, November 16, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
So tonight at dinner he said "Lukey wants bread". I laughed and gave him a kiss. He knew I was laughing at what he said. So he told me he has been doing that so I can tell them apart. Turns out he was just being thoughtful! Cute kid!
PS...he told his twin brother he wants to be a rockstar...believe me he's got the personality and already has an agent...so look out world "Rockstar Lukey" may be coming to a mall near you!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
On a side note, Jacob came home last night and said a boy in his class said the "S word". My eyes bugged out and I said "uh oh"! Then he said "yep...you guys know what Dean said, he said the S word.....Stupid. And he should have gone to the principles office, but he didn't." Whew, that was a close one!! LOL!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Go give it a try!!
Monday, November 5, 2007
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Saturday, November 3, 2007
My mother on the other hand loves it! And she occasionally takes the kids with her. Jacob knows I don't like Walmart....so the other day he said to me "Mom, why don't you like Walmart?" I said because it was messy, but that it was OK for him and grandma to go, I just like Target better. He said "I like Walmart. And you want to know the best thing about it? The best thing is, what you're looking for might be right on the floor." I laughed and replied "Odds are it is."
1)Were you married at the time? Yes
2) What were your reactions? Excited!
3) How old were you? 29
4) How did you find out your were pregnant? EPT
5) Who did you tell first? My dad
6) Did you want to find out the sex? no
7) Did you deliver early or late? early, about a week
8) Did you have morning sickness? no
9) What did you crave? Mexican food
10) Who irritated you the most? My mother
11) What was your first child’s sex? Boy
12) How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I refused to look at the scale, but probably 50lbs or so.
13) Did you have any complications? no
14) Where did you give birth? At the hospital
15) How many hours were you in labor? 16 hours
16) Who drove you to the hospital? My husband, at 1 am.
17) Was it natural or c-section? Natural
18) Did you take medicine to ease the pain? As soon as I could! I was on a pitocin drip to help my contraction along and was taking stadol because I wasn't dilating. And finally after 13 hours of non-epidural labor I got one. And he was born about 1 1/2 hours after the epidural, so most of it was with none.
18) How much did your child weigh? 7lbs 2 oz
19) Did you child have any complications? I hemorrhaged after delivery...I felt really lightheaded because I had lost so much blood. I look so pale in the few photos of me that day.
20) What did you name him? Jacob Griffin (My mom's maiden name is Jacobson, and my Grandmother's maiden name was Griffin)
21) How old is your first born today? 6 years
Ok...I'm sending this to 3 other moms I know....Greta, Elizabeth and Simone...can't wait to see about your birth stories!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
He was all for it. I said how about after school, since he had about 20 minutes until he had to leave. "No...let's do it now. Then I can show all my friends." It took us 3 tries, but I finally got the floss tight enough it wouldn't slip off. Tied the other end to the refrigerator door...told him to close his eyes...slammed the door...a little "Ouch!" and there it hung from the refrigerator!
He was soooooo excited! He said "I can't believe it! I thought my tooth was never going to come out!" It had hung on for about 10 weeks. He thinks he's getting $500 from the tooth fairy tonight... we told him he'll get 500 pennies!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
So we had a Halloween Day at gymnastics today. Most of the kids wore their costumes and the teacher did too. The twins were Spider man and the black Spider man. There was a Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Mr. Incredible, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and Mr. Joe was a pirate. Lukey was looking at all the costumes and looked at Mr. Joe and said "What DVD is your costume from?" LOL!!!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
I got tagged by Jana and Stephanie ....so here goes.
Here are the rules of tagging that I am supposed to follow:
1. Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of you post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK...so 7 random things about me.
1) I was robbed at gunpoint at work when I was working as a bank teller. It was terrifying!
2) I knew in my gut when I was young that I would only have boys as children...and low and behold, 3 boys later here I am!
3) I was terrified of moths until about 2 years ago. I'm not sure what cured my phobia, but when I was younger I would get hysterical when moths flew around me. Like screaming and freaking hysterical.
4) My husband and I got tattoos on our 3rd or 4Th date. It's so not us...but it's kind of fun to have that silly story down the path of our lives.
5) I didn't have a honeymoon. We bought our home and moved in 5 days after our wedding.
6) When I was a kid I used to love eating carrots and potato chips together. I know it sounds weird, but that was so delicious to me!
7) The car I drove to school when I was 16 was a 78' Ford Custom Cab truck with cow rails on the back. And the topper of that ice cream sundae of a vehicle was that it was butter yellow....Guess what...I parked a block away from school and walked the rest of the way.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Right now I'm in love with a few new things one of which is this soda I found at the deli. It's called GUS (Grown up soda)...It DEE-LISH-ous!!
Also in love with the New AC Christmas papers!! The will be included in my Mid Nov. kit release along with a TON of other amazing holiday goodies!!
And last but not least...have you seen these yet?? Martha Stewart's glitter pumpkins! I'm going to have to try one. They are so darn adorable!!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Saturday was our family Birthday party for Jacob. He's six...wow!!
Then Sunday brought the friends birthday party. It was held at a bouncy house place called pump it up. there were about 12-15 kids, so it was manageable. they all had fun!
And last but not least...this is George. My mom found this little guy in her back ally all beat up and starving. She cleaned him up and took him to the vet. The kids fell in love with him, so now he's ours. he's really a very good puppy. He hangs out in his bed and has only had a few accidents in the house over the last few days. I think the boys are really going to love having a dog. And he's so small he can go pretty much everywhere with us. Another good deal is he doesn't bark. Isn't he a cutie??