Sunday, April 29, 2007

The 7 Year Itch


Today is my husband and my 7th anniversary! Woohoo...still going strong. We have been through a lot over the last 7 years, but we have grown stronger and closer because of it! We are there for each other no matter what and that feels great!

Last night I took my "old man" out to dinner at a local spot called The Town Lounge. Overall a 3 out of 5 star rating I would say.

We started with 2 glasses of champagne and a really nice appetizer called "Naan", which was some Indian flat bread, hummus and olive/pistachio tapanade. It was a really nice balance of strong and soft flavors. We both loved it!

We both opted for the hearts of romaine salad which was pleasant, but typical. For our entrees I chose the beef tenderloin and Jason had the pork tenderloin. As for mine.. the potato and shallot pierogi was delicious. the asparagus was cooked perfectly. My meat was cooked to order on the inside, what i did not like about it was that it had too much of a "charbroiled" taste, which takes away from the flavor of the meat to me and overpowered the other flavors. Paired my dinner with Chateau de Pez Cabernet.

Jason liked his.....he's so descriptive. Jason paired with a Ferrari Carano Merlot.

Desert was another bright spot. We split the vanilla bean creme brulee which we kind of fought over. Yeah it was that good! I of course needed another wine pairing for this and was not disappointed with my choice of Chateau de Cosse. It was heaven!

So overall I give it a 3 because the decor and atmosphere is pleasant. The wait staff was fantastic. The food was acceptable and good, not on an outstanding level. Biggest drawback was the live music. This is a small place (BTW 1/2 the tables were empty by 8, not a good sigh on a Sat. night) and they had a trio with a singer in who started at 8. The music was to loud, hard to talk over, and not very good. It would have been better without a singer. Just some nice soft piano or a jazz trio minus the warble.

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. That is a great pic of you 2.

Glad you had a nice time!