Tuesday, October 30, 2007

He lost it!

Jacob lost his first tooth this morning! It was a fun story. I asked him if he would eat apples if I cut them up and put them in his lunch. he said no, because they hurt his tooth. So I said "we need to get that tooth out of there!"...."do you want me to try the door thing?" I never would have thought he would want to! This is something I had told him my parents had done for my loose tooth. Tied some floss to it and then tied the other end to a door handle and closed the door really fast, making my tooth fly out.

He was all for it. I said how about after school, since he had about 20 minutes until he had to leave. "No...let's do it now. Then I can show all my friends." It took us 3 tries, but I finally got the floss tight enough it wouldn't slip off. Tied the other end to the refrigerator door...told him to close his eyes...slammed the door...a little "Ouch!" and there it hung from the refrigerator!

He was soooooo excited! He said "I can't believe it! I thought my tooth was never going to come out!" It had hung on for about 10 weeks. He thinks he's getting $500 from the tooth fairy tonight... we told him he'll get 500 pennies!


3 comments:

Greta Adams said...

oh girl...you have a dare devil there...that is a funny story...got to get to scrapping that and the speakers girl...i am still waiting

Anonymous said...

AWH ! I love first tooth photos, i just scrapped one last week ! Cant wait to see your layouts on it , lol ..... Congrats to the little guy ! lol ....

Nancywithajones said...

OH HOW CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE u better watch him .... he is gonna try to pull the rest of them tooo