Saturday, November 3, 2007

According to Jacob

So I have a strict "No Walmart" policy in our home. I won't step foot in that place. Not because I don't like a bargain as much as the next guy, but because I get physically nauseous upon stepping foot in the place. Not to sure why, but it's a guttural reaction that I can't control. So we don't go there.

My mother on the other hand loves it! And she occasionally takes the kids with her. Jacob knows I don't like Walmart....so the other day he said to me "Mom, why don't you like Walmart?" I said because it was messy, but that it was OK for him and grandma to go, I just like Target better. He said "I like Walmart. And you want to know the best thing about it? The best thing is, what you're looking for might be right on the floor." I laughed and replied "Odds are it is."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my ! what a bad reaction to walmart ! I prefer Target myself , lol ....

bruinbr said...

ahhahaa! LOVE this story! I thought that I was the only one who reacted to Walmart that way! :P

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I hate Wally-world too! I am a Target girl all the way....

Anonymous said...

OMG! How hilarious!! I can't stand walmart either girl! I am a TAR-JAY girl thru and thru!! WOOHOO!! Hugs, Sonda

Greta Adams said...

i would be a target girl if it wasn't an hour away either way i wanted to go....

we on the other hand have like 5 or so walmarts within a 20 minute radius!! grrrr!!!!

Unknown said...

I have a strict no "W" either...dirty dirty dirty....ewwwww!

elizabeth said...

like greta said, we don't have a target. i'm fortunate though to have one about 25 or so minutes away, but it feel like a very long drive...lol.

now when i go to walmart, i feel as if the air unit above is just blowing in my eyes and i leave all tired. i hate it!!!!

Robyn said...

No target here either, so shopping at walmart is a necessary evil.