Monday, February 19, 2007

Calistoga Morning....

So after our fantastic train trip we went to our hotel, the Embassy Suites in Napa. This was one of the most hospitable hotel I have ever stayed in. Every detail was taken care of. We had a terrific room with a bottle of wine. The desk clerk arranged reservations for us and they offered 2 hours of free full bar drinks and a free full breakfast in the morning! This is a definite return stay place!

After our free omelets and bagels we wound our way to Calistoga, which is about 30 miles north of Napa. I had been to Lincoln Avenue Spa before so I knew we had to go again! We were treated to a "mud wrap" and an hour long massage. Felt so great!

Our last stop before we headed home was The Calisotga Inn for lunch. Delicious! I had the Calistoga Club and Jason had the Pulled Pork. I also accompanied mine with a refreshing Calistoga Cooler. Very Shabby Chic and a relaxing atmosphere for any meal!

My "Calistoga Cooler"
My Calistoga Club Sandwich. It had grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, mayo and lettuce. It was supposed to also have guacamole, but I'm not a fan so it was left off, even though when the waiter brought it he said "Calistoga Club....extra guac, witty!"
Pulled Pork-described as "spicy...but delicious".
Shabby Chic Goodness

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

ok i am relaxed just reading about it....sounds great...at this point i could just go for a plain ole beer...lol