Saturday, February 3, 2007

What's Up Doc?


So I saw Looney Tunes for sale on Amazon and realized that my kids have never even seen Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck, so I bought it. Anyway...long story short, Jacob is in heaven! Like a whole new world of backhanded compliments and dirty tricks has been revealed. He thinks this is the funniest thing ever, and I have to agree. If you can look through all the beating each other up, constant knocks on the head or death inducing stunts, it's pretty darn hillarious stuff!

I'm being transported back to my youth and seeing it through adult eyes. I never even thought the "roomate chipmunks" may be a gay couple....fast forward 25 years...oh yeah, their totally a gay couple. "Thank you...oh no...Thank you!" I mean this is clever clever stuff.

I have to look back now with total amazement at what they created. Ground breaking animation, super talented voice actors, clever story lines and beyond funny jokes! Wow, the things we take for granted when we are kids. It's good to revisit when you have new perspecitve to appreciate the subtleties that are hidden to childrens minds. Sufferin' sucatash.....rekindleing an old friendship is so great! I love you Looney Tunes!

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

OMG i never though of the chipmunks liekt hat...i must pull out some old ones and watch them myself now that i am "all grown up"